Dr. Oetker December Giveaways, 23 November 2021
1.The Dr. Oetker December Giveaways 2021 is organized by Dr. Oetker South Africa (Proprietary) Limited ("Promoter") and is open to all permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 (eighteen) years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document or with parental or guardian's permission, except for any person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant of Dr. Oetker South Africa, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Dr. Oetker South Africa or any person indirectly or directly connected to or employed by the party in the aforementioned capacities or relationships, their advertising agencies, manufacturers, distributors or packagers of food identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Dr. Oetker South Africa Inc. (“Disqualified Persons”).
2. By entering this social media/giveaway competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding.
3. The Dr. Oetker “December Giveaways 2021” will run from 3 December until midnight 22 December 2021.
· Answer a simple question on selected social media posts to stand a chance to win 1 of 9 prizes.
· Entries will be submitted by commenting on “giveaway” post threads across Facebook and Instagram. Dr. Oetker SA will award ONE prize winner per day (entries received from Facebook and Instagram will be combined and ONE winner will be selected from all entries received)
· Winners will be announced within 48-hours of competition entries closing.
· Individual prize winners will be disqualified from further entries, i.e. one person cannot win more than one prize during the giveaway period.
· Competition entries close at midnight on the following dates with the prizes allocated as per below:
1. Friday, 3 December 2021 – 10.2-inch Apple iPad
2. Monday, 6 December 2021 – Russell Hobbs Microwave
3. Wednesday, 8 December 2021 – Ooni Karu Pizza Oven
4. Friday, 10 December 2021 – 10.2-inch Apple iPad
5. Monday, 13 December 2021 - Russell Hobbs Microwave
6. Wednesday, 15 December 2021 - 10.2-inch Apple iPad
7. Friday, 17 December 2021 - Russell Hobbs Microwave
8. Monday, 20 December 2021 – Ooni Karu Pizza Oven
9. Wednesday, 22 December 2021 - Russell Hobbs Microwave
5. PRIZE – Prizes will be awarded to 1 randomly selected winner (one per giveaway) until 22 December 2021.
6. Winners will be chosen through the appropriate process as seen fit by the Promoter, from the questions posed on the Dr. Oetker Facebook and Instagram page under the supervision of an accredited auditor.
7. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable in any form.
9. The winner will be contacted via telephone or via email and asked to confirm their entry. The winner’s name will be published on the Dr. Oetker’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
By participating in this social media competition, all participants have read and understood Facebook's terms and conditions and further allow Dr. Oetker permission to publish his/her name and post on the Promoters’ Facebook page.
10. The winner may be required to appear on any form of media, for which no fee will be payable, subject to the provision that the winners may at any time prior to such marketing appearance, decline the request by Dr. Oetker or the Promoter to do so.
11. The copyright, intellectual property rights, image rights and any other rights vesting in any promotional footage, posts and photographs shall remain the property of the Dr. Oetker, who reserves the right to use it in any way.
12. Any participant who transgresses any of these terms and conditions or who acts in any way contrary to the spirit of this promotional competition may be banned from entry into any other Dr. Oetker promotional competitions for a period deemed appropriate by Promoter or Dr. Oetker management in consultation with its agency.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and its rules at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control, without prior notice and no participant shall have recourse for such cancellation. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or in these terms and conditions.
14. If necessary, the Promoter reserves the right to alter the rules or prizes (not already awarded) at their own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Promoter. No participant shall have any recourse against Promoter as a result of the alterations of the rules or Prizes.
15. Entries which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism, contain errors or are from disqualified Persons will be declared invalid. If Dr. Oetker is unable to reach any participant or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such participant will be disqualified, and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first draw.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
All ancillary costs, including but not limited to transport, meals, personal and incidental expenses, insurance, government taxes or other fees applicable, are the responsibility of the winners and/or participants.
17. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify Dr. Oetker, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Dr. Oetker, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the prizes).
18. Dr. Oetker will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable Dr. Oetker to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize, and it shall revert back to Dr. Oetker.
19. Dr. Oetker may require the winners to be identified, photographed and the photographs published online or in printed media, or to appear on radio and television when accepting their Prizes and/or after having received their Prizes. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images and to participate in Dr. Oetker ’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Promotional Competition.
20. A copy of the competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be viewed under the NOTES section on the Dr. Oetker South Africa Facebook and Instagram fan pages.
21. Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
We need these cookies and similar technologies to enable the basic functions of our website. This includes, for example, saving these settings. This is strictly necessary so that you cannot switch this off.
To ensure that we can tailor our marketing campaigns to your needs, we collect how you come to our website and how you interact with our advertisements. This helps us to make not only our ads, but also our content even better for you. Our marketing partners also use this information for their own purposes, e.g. to personalise your account or profile on their platform.